Weather Station Software Configuration
Before your weather station data can be used by the Namibia Weather Network (NAMWN), you must configure your chosen weather station software to upload data in a format our server can read. Currently we can process data from WeatherLink, Weather Display, and Virtual Weather Station. Please see the appropriate section below on how to configure your software. Once you have completed these steps, please let us know so we can add you to the network. If you run into problems, feel free to contact us.
- Save the file WL_stickertags.htx to your WeatherLink template directory - usually c:\program files\weatherlink\[stationname]\templates. Highlight the link above, right click and Save As... to download it.
- In WeatherLink, Click on setup, Internet Settings dialog.
- For the configuration you're using to FTP Weatherlink html file(s), press the Configure button.
In the Data Upload Profile, press Select Template Files, then use ADD button to select the WL_stickertags.htx file, and press Open.
- The WL_stickertags.htx file should now appear in the Weather Template Files for Data Upload dialog. Press OK., and press OK on the Data Upload Profile, then OK on the Internet Settings dialog.
- The WL_stickertags.htx file will be uploaded at your next update cycle with a filetype as specified in the Data Upload Profile.
Please set the upload for the data page to every 5 minutes.
If you are doing real-time update using clientraw.txt (such as for Weather-Display Live) or one of the AJAX templates, no additional configuration is required. Simply let us know you want to be part of the network and we will take it from there. Your clientraw.txt should be uploaded every 5 minutes or less.
If you are NOT already using clientraw.txt, save the file stickertags.txt in your Weather Display webfiles sub-directory. Set Weather Display to upload the file every 5 minutes. Once you do, please let us know the name of the file you are uploading.
- Save the file VWS_stickertags.htx to your VWS templates folder (c:\vws\templates is the default). Highlight the link above, right click and Save As... to download it.
- In VWS, pull down the Internet tab, and click on "HTML Settings".
- In a empty location on the left (Templates) side of the HTML Settings menu, enter c:\vws\template\VWS_stickertags.htx, editing this as necessary for drive and folder.
- On the right (HTML filename) side of the menu, on the same line, enter the file location that you use for your other .htx files, followed by \VWS_stickertags.htm.
- Click the On* box to put a check mark in it.
- Now in VWS, pull down the Internet menu and click on FTP Upload File (Send) and in an empty row on the LEFT put the same contents as you'd done in the Right side of the HTML Settings dialog. (e.g. "c:\vws\root\VWS_stickertags.htm") .
- On the Right side, put "[directory]/VWS_stickertags.htm" where [directory] is the same directory you use for the rest of your website. It would be '/VWS_stickertags.htm' if you're uploading to the document root of your website.
At the bottom of the window, set the update time to 5 minutes. Click Update and Upload Files to Internet.
You should be able to see your file in action at www.yourweatherwebsite.com/VWS_stickertags.htm.